Chennai building collapse: DMK`s MK Stalin demands independent probe
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
Chennai: Demanding an independent probe in 11-storey building collapse that killed more than 60 people in Chennai a few weeks back, the Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) held protest and met Tamil Nadu Governor Konijeti Rosaiah Konijeti Rosaiah on Saturday.
The DMK treasurer, MK Stalin, while protesting against the Tamil Nadu government over the setting up of a one-man commission to investigate the Chennai building collapse tragedy, said that an independent probe should be carried out in the matter.
The commission set up by the Jayalalitha-led government will submit its report on the matter within two months.
The commission on Friday inspected the site where the 11-storeyed building had collapsed. It is being headed by retired Madras High Court Judge R Reghupathy and other government officials.
The building had collapsed in Moulivakkam district after rains lashed the area and several other parts of the city. Moulivakkam is the catchment area for a lake and Adyar river.
The rescue operation which involved over 1,500 personnel from various agencies, including the elite and well-equipped National Disaster Response Force (NDRF), ended after six days.
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on
- Funny video alert! ‘Housefull 3’ trio - Akshay Kumar, Abhishek Bachchan and Riteish Deshmukh - goes crazy