Chennai building collapse: DMK`s MK Stalin demands independent probe
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
Chennai: Demanding an independent probe in 11-storey building collapse that killed more than 60 people in Chennai a few weeks back, the Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) held protest and met Tamil Nadu Governor Konijeti Rosaiah Konijeti Rosaiah on Saturday.
The DMK treasurer, MK Stalin, while protesting against the Tamil Nadu government over the setting up of a one-man commission to investigate the Chennai building collapse tragedy, said that an independent probe should be carried out in the matter.
The commission set up by the Jayalalitha-led government will submit its report on the matter within two months.
The commission on Friday inspected the site where the 11-storeyed building had collapsed. It is being headed by retired Madras High Court Judge R Reghupathy and other government officials.
The building had collapsed in Moulivakkam district after rains lashed the area and several other parts of the city. Moulivakkam is the catchment area for a lake and Adyar river.
The rescue operation which involved over 1,500 personnel from various agencies, including the elite and well-equipped National Disaster Response Force (NDRF), ended after six days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla