Chennai bus-lorry collision claims 9 lives, 29 injured
Chennai: Nine persons were killed and 29 others injured when a bus and a lorry collided and went up in flames in Thiruvannamalai district of Tamil Nadu Wednesday.
The two vehicles caught fire after diesel tank of the
state-owned bus burst due to the impact of the head-on
collision at Sorandai village, police said here.
The bus was on its way from Vellore to Cuddalore when the
The deceased included the drivers of the lorry and bus,
police said, adding that the 29 injured passengers were rushed
to government and private hospitals in Tiruvannamalai, Vellore
The condition of some of the injured, including a few
children, was stated to be serious, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi to Mumbai in 12 hours! Final trial of Talgo bullet train to start from August 1
- Jared Leto was hesitant about following in Ledger's Joker legacy
- Noted writer and social activist Mahasweta Devi passes away in Kolkata
- Sonia expresses 'anguish', appeals for clam in Valley
- Old e-cigarette device emits more harmful chemicals