Chennai bus-lorry collision claims 9 lives, 29 injured
Chennai: Nine persons were killed and 29 others injured when a bus and a lorry collided and went up in flames in Thiruvannamalai district of Tamil Nadu Wednesday.
The two vehicles caught fire after diesel tank of the
state-owned bus burst due to the impact of the head-on
collision at Sorandai village, police said here.
The bus was on its way from Vellore to Cuddalore when the
The deceased included the drivers of the lorry and bus,
police said, adding that the 29 injured passengers were rushed
to government and private hospitals in Tiruvannamalai, Vellore
The condition of some of the injured, including a few
children, was stated to be serious, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- Argentine football legend Diego Maradona's passport stolen, unable to travel to Dubai
- RBI calls for ownership change of companies with sticky loan accounts
- Building a sports culture crucial to winning medals at Olympics: Pullela Gopichand
- Maharashtra, Haryana Assemblies unanimously ratify GST Bill
- India to grow at 7.6% in FY'17, GST to boost trade, investment: RBI