Chennai bus-lorry collision claims 9 lives, 29 injured
Chennai: Nine persons were killed and 29 others injured when a bus and a lorry collided and went up in flames in Thiruvannamalai district of Tamil Nadu Wednesday.
The two vehicles caught fire after diesel tank of the
state-owned bus burst due to the impact of the head-on
collision at Sorandai village, police said here.
The bus was on its way from Vellore to Cuddalore when the
The deceased included the drivers of the lorry and bus,
police said, adding that the 29 injured passengers were rushed
to government and private hospitals in Tiruvannamalai, Vellore
The condition of some of the injured, including a few
children, was stated to be serious, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL