Chennai bus-lorry collision claims 9 lives, 29 injured
Chennai: Nine persons were killed and 29 others injured when a bus and a lorry collided and went up in flames in Thiruvannamalai district of Tamil Nadu Wednesday.
The two vehicles caught fire after diesel tank of the
state-owned bus burst due to the impact of the head-on
collision at Sorandai village, police said here.
The bus was on its way from Vellore to Cuddalore when the
The deceased included the drivers of the lorry and bus,
police said, adding that the 29 injured passengers were rushed
to government and private hospitals in Tiruvannamalai, Vellore
The condition of some of the injured, including a few
children, was stated to be serious, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj