Chennai: Five bank robbery case suspects killed
Chennai: Five persons were Thursday shot dead
in an encounter for their alleged involvement in a bank robbery case here, police said.
"Five persons were shot dead around 1 am in connection
with the bank robbery case," Commissioner of Police J K
Acting on a tip-off, a police team surrounded a house
in Vandikaran Street in Velachery around 1 am and asked the
suspects to come out, another police officer said.
The accused opened fire at the police injuring two inspectors.
Two daring daylight bank robberies were reported in
Chennai this year.
On February 20, four armed men looted Rs 14 lakh from a
branch of public sector Indian Overseas Bank at Keelkattalai
on city outskirts.
In a similar incident on January 23, four armed men
stormed the Bank of Baroda branch near Perungudi and escaped
with Rs 19 lakh.
- NEET 2016: Government will take final call, says Venkaiah Naidu
- Next Odd-Even phase only after public consultation: Satyendar Jain
- IPL 9: Kings XI Punjab's Shaun Marsh ruled out for remainder of the tournament
- Indian Premier League 2016: Kolkata Knight Riders vs Royal Challengers Bangalore – Players to watch out for; probable playing XIs
- AIADMK protests transfers of IAS, IPS officers by Election Commission