Chennai: Five bank robbery case suspects killed
Chennai: Five persons were Thursday shot dead
in an encounter for their alleged involvement in a bank robbery case here, police said.
"Five persons were shot dead around 1 am in connection
with the bank robbery case," Commissioner of Police J K
Acting on a tip-off, a police team surrounded a house
in Vandikaran Street in Velachery around 1 am and asked the
suspects to come out, another police officer said.
The accused opened fire at the police injuring two inspectors.
Two daring daylight bank robberies were reported in
Chennai this year.
On February 20, four armed men looted Rs 14 lakh from a
branch of public sector Indian Overseas Bank at Keelkattalai
on city outskirts.
In a similar incident on January 23, four armed men
stormed the Bank of Baroda branch near Perungudi and escaped
with Rs 19 lakh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India