Chennai: Five bank robbery case suspects killed
Chennai: Five persons were Thursday shot dead
in an encounter for their alleged involvement in a bank robbery case here, police said.
"Five persons were shot dead around 1 am in connection
with the bank robbery case," Commissioner of Police J K
Acting on a tip-off, a police team surrounded a house
in Vandikaran Street in Velachery around 1 am and asked the
suspects to come out, another police officer said.
The accused opened fire at the police injuring two inspectors.
Two daring daylight bank robberies were reported in
Chennai this year.
On February 20, four armed men looted Rs 14 lakh from a
branch of public sector Indian Overseas Bank at Keelkattalai
on city outskirts.
In a similar incident on January 23, four armed men
stormed the Bank of Baroda branch near Perungudi and escaped
with Rs 19 lakh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indrani attempted suicide or big security lapse by jail authorities?
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?