Chennai pharma firm donates Rs 2 cr to Balaji temple
Tirupati: An offering of Rs two crore was made to the famous Lord Venkateswara temple at Tirumala near here by a Chennai-based pharmaceutical firm on Wednesday.
A demand draft for the amount was handed over to Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanam (TTD), administering the temple, by an executive of SGP Exim Private Limited, temple sources said.
TTD Joint Executive Officer KS Srinivasa Raju received the DD, they said. The company wanted the money to be used for TTD-run hospitals in Tirupati providing medical facilities to poor patients afflicted with life-threatening ailments including heart and kidney problems, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Anushka Sharma slaps ‘Sultan’ Salman Khan?