Chennai pharma firm donates Rs 2 cr to Balaji temple
Tirupati: An offering of Rs two crore was made to the famous Lord Venkateswara temple at Tirumala near here by a Chennai-based pharmaceutical firm on Wednesday.
A demand draft for the amount was handed over to Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanam (TTD), administering the temple, by an executive of SGP Exim Private Limited, temple sources said.
TTD Joint Executive Officer KS Srinivasa Raju received the DD, they said. The company wanted the money to be used for TTD-run hospitals in Tirupati providing medical facilities to poor patients afflicted with life-threatening ailments including heart and kidney problems, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof