Chennai pharma firm donates Rs 2 cr to Balaji temple
Tirupati: An offering of Rs two crore was made to the famous Lord Venkateswara temple at Tirumala near here by a Chennai-based pharmaceutical firm on Wednesday.
A demand draft for the amount was handed over to Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanam (TTD), administering the temple, by an executive of SGP Exim Private Limited, temple sources said.
TTD Joint Executive Officer KS Srinivasa Raju received the DD, they said. The company wanted the money to be used for TTD-run hospitals in Tirupati providing medical facilities to poor patients afflicted with life-threatening ailments including heart and kidney problems, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Mohan Bhagwat's comments on Hindu population are 'outdated': Shiv Sena
- Wow! Google Duo now available in India to make free video calls
- In Goa, Arvind Kejriwal says AAP has no money to fight elections
- Turkish soldier killed in clash with Kurdish militants - security sources
- Amitabh Bachchan set to return as the 'angry man' in 'Sarkar 3'