Chennai pharma firm donates Rs 2 cr to Balaji temple
Tirupati: An offering of Rs two crore was made to the famous Lord Venkateswara temple at Tirumala near here by a Chennai-based pharmaceutical firm on Wednesday.
A demand draft for the amount was handed over to Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanam (TTD), administering the temple, by an executive of SGP Exim Private Limited, temple sources said.
TTD Joint Executive Officer KS Srinivasa Raju received the DD, they said. The company wanted the money to be used for TTD-run hospitals in Tirupati providing medical facilities to poor patients afflicted with life-threatening ailments including heart and kidney problems, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- Grand Alliance set to win Bihar election: Survey
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest