Chennai pharma firm donates Rs 2 cr to Balaji temple
Tirupati: An offering of Rs two crore was made to the famous Lord Venkateswara temple at Tirumala near here by a Chennai-based pharmaceutical firm on Wednesday.
A demand draft for the amount was handed over to Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanam (TTD), administering the temple, by an executive of SGP Exim Private Limited, temple sources said.
TTD Joint Executive Officer KS Srinivasa Raju received the DD, they said. The company wanted the money to be used for TTD-run hospitals in Tirupati providing medical facilities to poor patients afflicted with life-threatening ailments including heart and kidney problems, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Worms found in burgers from two Kentucky McDonald’s restaurants
- This is how billionaire Richard Branson looks after cheating death in a violent high-speed bike crash
- West Bengal hospital fire: Three killed, 50 children injured; Rs 2 lakh ex-gratia announced
- Astronomers find a 'dark' Milky Way
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 654—Abhi visits Pragya's place and meets her family!