Chennai: Two arrested for cheating job seekers
Two persons, who allegedly cheated 12 youths of Rs 44 lakh by promising to get them jobs in an oil marketing company, were arrested by the Central Crime Branch police in Chennai.
Pandidurai and Arun Krishna of the city had allegedly collected Rs 44 lakh from the youths promising to get them jobs in Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) but did not do so, police said.
Acting on a complaint filed by one of the victims with Police Commissioner S George, police registered a case and after investigations nabbed Pandidurai, who had claimed he was close to top BPCL officials, and Krishna, running a courier firm.
The two were produced before a Magistrate court which remanded them to judicial custody.
Police have cautioned job seekers against giving money to fraudsters for employment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened