Chidambaram accuses Modi of making `cruel, fierce` speeches
Sivaganga: Attacking BJP Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, Union Finance Minister P Chidambaram on Monday said some people were making "cruel and fierce" speeches and regretted that kindness and tenderness of leaders like Mahatma Gandhi were disappearing.
"Those who want to become Prime Minister are making such fierce speeches... They presume all others are dishonest people and they only were honest," he said, inaugurating Vasan Eye Hospitals at Karaikudi and Sivaganga, his native district.
Without naming Modi in his speech, he regretted that "tenderness in speeches" and "kind attitude" were slowly disappearing. The Father of the Nation was known for his kind attitude which earned him the title of "Mahathma", he said.
Late Nelson Mandela, described as South African Gandhi, was also tender in his speech and was kind, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?
- Storms, lightning and heavy rains in Uttar Pradesh; at least 12 dead