Chidambaram accuses Modi of making `cruel, fierce` speeches
Sivaganga: Attacking BJP Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, Union Finance Minister P Chidambaram on Monday said some people were making "cruel and fierce" speeches and regretted that kindness and tenderness of leaders like Mahatma Gandhi were disappearing.
"Those who want to become Prime Minister are making such fierce speeches... They presume all others are dishonest people and they only were honest," he said, inaugurating Vasan Eye Hospitals at Karaikudi and Sivaganga, his native district.
Without naming Modi in his speech, he regretted that "tenderness in speeches" and "kind attitude" were slowly disappearing. The Father of the Nation was known for his kind attitude which earned him the title of "Mahathma", he said.
Late Nelson Mandela, described as South African Gandhi, was also tender in his speech and was kind, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof