Chidambaram calls on Karunanidhi
Chennai: Against the backdrop of elections to the posts of President and Vice-President, Home Minister P Chidambaram today called on DMK chief M Karunanidhi.
DMK sources remained tight-lipped about the meeting between the two leaders at the CIT Colony residence of Karunanidhi, whose party is a key UPA constituent.
The elections to the posts of President and Vice-President are scheduled on July 19 and August 7 respectively.
The ruling UPA has announced Pranab Mukerhjee and Hamid Ansari as its candidates for the respective posts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire