Chidambaram calls on Karunanidhi
Chennai: Against the backdrop of elections to the posts of President and Vice-President, Home Minister P Chidambaram today called on DMK chief M Karunanidhi.
DMK sources remained tight-lipped about the meeting between the two leaders at the CIT Colony residence of Karunanidhi, whose party is a key UPA constituent.
The elections to the posts of President and Vice-President are scheduled on July 19 and August 7 respectively.
The ruling UPA has announced Pranab Mukerhjee and Hamid Ansari as its candidates for the respective posts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September