Child dies after drinking soft drink, three hospitalised
Cuddalore: An eight-year-old girl died at a government hospital here and three children were being treated after they were indisposed soon after consuming a popular brand of soft drink, police said on Monday.
Anjapuli, a contract labourer with the public sector Neyveli Lignite Corporation and a resident of Therku Seplanatham village, about 40 km from here, had bought two 500 ml bottles of the soft drink while returning home yesterday.
After four of his children consumed the soft drink, they developed symptoms of nausea, vomitting, abdominal pain and dyspnea.
They were rushed to a hospital in nearby Kurinjipadi and later brought to the government hospital here. Late in the night, Abirami, one of the children, was declared dead.
"Two other children continute to be treated here. Another child has been shifted to JIPMER Hospital in Puducherry. She is currently on ventilator. We hope she will get well soon," K R Jawaharlal, Deputy Director (Health), Cuddalore District told.
The remaining portion of the soft drink has been seized and sent to The King Institute of Preventive Medicine and Research in Chennai for analysis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test