Child dies after drinking soft drink, three hospitalised
Cuddalore: An eight-year-old girl died at a government hospital here and three children were being treated after they were indisposed soon after consuming a popular brand of soft drink, police said on Monday.
Anjapuli, a contract labourer with the public sector Neyveli Lignite Corporation and a resident of Therku Seplanatham village, about 40 km from here, had bought two 500 ml bottles of the soft drink while returning home yesterday.
After four of his children consumed the soft drink, they developed symptoms of nausea, vomitting, abdominal pain and dyspnea.
They were rushed to a hospital in nearby Kurinjipadi and later brought to the government hospital here. Late in the night, Abirami, one of the children, was declared dead.
"Two other children continute to be treated here. Another child has been shifted to JIPMER Hospital in Puducherry. She is currently on ventilator. We hope she will get well soon," K R Jawaharlal, Deputy Director (Health), Cuddalore District told.
The remaining portion of the soft drink has been seized and sent to The King Institute of Preventive Medicine and Research in Chennai for analysis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA