Chinese national held for trying to smuggle rosewood
Chennai: A 27-year-old Chinese national was arrested at the airport here on Monday for allegedly trying to smuggle 30 kg of rosewood.
Hung Guoxing was found carrying the rosewood in his check-in luggage and was subsequently held by customs officials, airport sources said.
The seizure was valued at around Rs 8 lakh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ED summons former Air Chief Marshal S.P. Tyagi
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Ex-servicemen suspend OROP protest, threaten to intensify agitation if demands not met
- West Bengal goes for fifth phase of polling on Saturday
- Tajikistan bans Russian-style surnames for children
- S&P keeps UK on triple-A rating, says expects no Brexit
- Google Translate turns 10: Five interesting things you want to know about it