Cinema, freebies spoiled the future of TN: Ramdoss
Coimbatore: PMK Founder Dr S Ramdoss Thursday
termed cinema, alcohol and freebies as the bane of development
of Tamil Nadu and said they are spoiling the future of youths.
"This situation has to be changed and Tamil Nadu should be
freed from cinema culture, as is being witnessed, since an
actor is Chief Minister and another is leader of the
opposition in the Assembly," Ramdoss told reporters.
Claiming that freebies offered by both Dravidian parties--
DMK and AIADMK, for the last one decade have spoiled the
future of Tamil Nadu and its youth, he claimed PMK was the
only party which was fighting on ideology.
He reiterated that he committed a mistake by allying with
AIADMK and DMK for the last 10 years and would never enter
into any alliance with them in future.
Ramdoss blamed successive governments for the present power
crisis and said government should tap the potential of thermal
and hydel, wind and solar powers to meet energy requirements.
Though AIADMK leader Jayalalithaa had promised to remove
power cut within three months of assuming power, the power cut
has increased to 11 to 12 hours daily now, he said.
He also termed as a `joke` her claim that law and order
situation was good in the State, given that a murder was
taking place in the capital daily.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!