CISF constable injured in mishap at airport
Chennai: A Central Industrial Security Force constable was seriously injured after he was allegedly knocked down by a shuttle bus of Jet Airways while on patrol duty at a parking bay at the airport here.
Ashok Kumar (38) was on routine patrol late last night when the bus, whose lights were off, hit him while on the way to pick up passengers for an outgoing flight, airport sources said today.
The bus driver has been arrested and his licence was found to have been expired in 2009, they said, adding the CISF constable had been hospitalised.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam