CISF constable injured in mishap at airport
Chennai: A Central Industrial Security Force constable was seriously injured after he was allegedly knocked down by a shuttle bus of Jet Airways while on patrol duty at a parking bay at the airport here.
Ashok Kumar (38) was on routine patrol late last night when the bus, whose lights were off, hit him while on the way to pick up passengers for an outgoing flight, airport sources said today.
The bus driver has been arrested and his licence was found to have been expired in 2009, they said, adding the CISF constable had been hospitalised.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Uttarakhand forest fire: PMO assures help for relief work
- AgustaWestland row: Aam Aadmi Party to gherao Sonia Gandhi, PM Narendra Modi's residence on May 7
- Poll contest in Kerala heading from 'bi-polar' to 'tri-polar': Arun Jaitley
- VVIP chopper scam: No deal inked with AgustaWestland, says Govt
- When Pranab rubbed nose with Maori chief