CISF constable injured in mishap at airport
Chennai: A Central Industrial Security Force constable was seriously injured after he was allegedly knocked down by a shuttle bus of Jet Airways while on patrol duty at a parking bay at the airport here.
Ashok Kumar (38) was on routine patrol late last night when the bus, whose lights were off, hit him while on the way to pick up passengers for an outgoing flight, airport sources said today.
The bus driver has been arrested and his licence was found to have been expired in 2009, they said, adding the CISF constable had been hospitalised.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video