CISF constable injured in mishap at airport
Chennai: A Central Industrial Security Force constable was seriously injured after he was allegedly knocked down by a shuttle bus of Jet Airways while on patrol duty at a parking bay at the airport here.
Ashok Kumar (38) was on routine patrol late last night when the bus, whose lights were off, hit him while on the way to pick up passengers for an outgoing flight, airport sources said today.
The bus driver has been arrested and his licence was found to have been expired in 2009, they said, adding the CISF constable had been hospitalised.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Three die in flash floods, house collapse in Jammu
- Una incident: Dalit writer Amrutlal Makwana returns award
- Wonder marathon boy Budhia Singh returns to Odisha, says he was on vacation
- Turkey discharges generals, shuts media outlets after coup
- Fed leaves rates unchanged but says US economy improving