CISF constable injured in mishap at airport
Chennai: A Central Industrial Security Force constable was seriously injured after he was allegedly knocked down by a shuttle bus of Jet Airways while on patrol duty at a parking bay at the airport here.
Ashok Kumar (38) was on routine patrol late last night when the bus, whose lights were off, hit him while on the way to pick up passengers for an outgoing flight, airport sources said today.
The bus driver has been arrested and his licence was found to have been expired in 2009, they said, adding the CISF constable had been hospitalised.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?