CISF likely to take up probe of man`s arrest at MAPS
Kancheepuram: The CISF is likely to take up the probe into the case relating to seizure of pen drives and a mobile phone from a contract worker at the Madras Atomic Power station here, that had over 400 photos of BHAVINI Prototype Fast Breeder Reactor, police said on Tuesday.
Shafir Ali, an engineering diploma holder, was arrested on August 6 by CISF personnel as they found in his possession pen drives and card readers while frisking him before letting him in for his daily duty, police said.
He was later handed over to Kancheepuram Police.
Police, who have been investigating the case, had found out that Shafir had travelled often to places like Dubai, and have been tracking his various connections.
The Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), which is expected to probe the facts behind his activities, are now awaiting orders from central authorities which is expected to be processed in a week, police said.
Shafir, who was arrested under section 18 of the Atomic Energy Act, 1962, is in judicial custody and lodged at the Puzhal prison.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- NASA completes series of engine tests for next big rocket