CJ of Madras HC displeased over unsavory incidents during his tenure
Chennai: Chief Justice of Madras High Court RK Agrawal on Wednesday expressed displeasure over certain unsavoury incidents during his tenure, including barging of a sitting judge into his chamber last month over an issue, and said he never experienced such a thing in a 37-year career.
Justice Agrawal has been elevated as a Judge of the Supreme Court.
Speaking at a farewell function got up on the occasion, he said in his entire 37-year-career, both in the Bar and the Bench, neither friends nor foes had ever raised their voices while speaking to him or addressing him in court proceedings.
Without naming anyone, he said his colleague had hurled invectives and cast aspirations at the affairs of the court over an issue.
He said he was not worried about personal comments but `pained` at innuendoes being targeted at the court and it was becoming the subject of public ridicule.
"If the court faces a loss of public confidence, then take it from me that you are the worst affected in society," he said.
He claimed many of the colleagues had expressed a desire to seek voluntary transfer to other High Courts following certain developments and that many judges from other High Courts are hesitant to come this Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...