Class IX student stabs teacher to death in Chennai
Chennai: In a shocking incident, a ninth
standard student on Thursday stabbed his teacher to death inside the
classroom after she allegedly made some remarks against
students who did not fare well in studies.
The incident occurred at a private school here when
science teacher Uma Maheshwari (39), who also taught Hindi,
was taking lessons in class.
The boy stabbed the teacher in the neck and stomach
after she allegedly made some remarks against students who did
not fare well in studies, a police release said tonight.
The boy has been taken to custody, it said.
School authorities described the incident as "unexpected,"
and indicated that the 15-year-old boy had come prepared with
"The incident happened at around 10.50 am when he stabbed
the teacher with a knife he had hidden in a book," Fr. Bosco
Perianayagam, the Administrator of the school, said.
Other students raised an alarm before the boy fled the
scene, he said. However, he was later taken into custody.
Uma Maheshwari is survived by two children, Fr. Bosco
said, adding "We are in deep grief. This is an unexpected
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves