Class IX student stabs teacher to death in Chennai
Chennai: In a shocking incident, a ninth
standard student on Thursday stabbed his teacher to death inside the
classroom after she allegedly made some remarks against
students who did not fare well in studies.
The incident occurred at a private school here when
science teacher Uma Maheshwari (39), who also taught Hindi,
was taking lessons in class.
The boy stabbed the teacher in the neck and stomach
after she allegedly made some remarks against students who did
not fare well in studies, a police release said tonight.
The boy has been taken to custody, it said.
School authorities described the incident as "unexpected,"
and indicated that the 15-year-old boy had come prepared with
"The incident happened at around 10.50 am when he stabbed
the teacher with a knife he had hidden in a book," Fr. Bosco
Perianayagam, the Administrator of the school, said.
Other students raised an alarm before the boy fled the
scene, he said. However, he was later taken into custody.
Uma Maheshwari is survived by two children, Fr. Bosco
said, adding "We are in deep grief. This is an unexpected
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional