Class IX student stabs teacher to death in Chennai
Chennai: In a shocking incident, a ninth
standard student on Thursday stabbed his teacher to death inside the
classroom after she allegedly made some remarks against
students who did not fare well in studies.
The incident occurred at a private school here when
science teacher Uma Maheshwari (39), who also taught Hindi,
was taking lessons in class.
The boy stabbed the teacher in the neck and stomach
after she allegedly made some remarks against students who did
not fare well in studies, a police release said tonight.
The boy has been taken to custody, it said.
School authorities described the incident as "unexpected,"
and indicated that the 15-year-old boy had come prepared with
"The incident happened at around 10.50 am when he stabbed
the teacher with a knife he had hidden in a book," Fr. Bosco
Perianayagam, the Administrator of the school, said.
Other students raised an alarm before the boy fled the
scene, he said. However, he was later taken into custody.
Uma Maheshwari is survived by two children, Fr. Bosco
said, adding "We are in deep grief. This is an unexpected
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi praises Sonowal for performing his duty despite polls
- Nearly two lakh students appear for JEE (Advanced) exam
- Greek parliament approves controversial new bailout measures
- French Open 2016: Andy Murray, Stan Wawrinka face Czech challenge in Paris
- Iraq PM announces start of operation to retake Fallujah