Class IX student stabs teacher to death in Chennai
Chennai: In a shocking incident, a ninth
standard student on Thursday stabbed his teacher to death inside the
classroom after she allegedly made some remarks against
students who did not fare well in studies.
The incident occurred at a private school here when
science teacher Uma Maheshwari (39), who also taught Hindi,
was taking lessons in class.
The boy stabbed the teacher in the neck and stomach
after she allegedly made some remarks against students who did
not fare well in studies, a police release said tonight.
The boy has been taken to custody, it said.
School authorities described the incident as "unexpected,"
and indicated that the 15-year-old boy had come prepared with
"The incident happened at around 10.50 am when he stabbed
the teacher with a knife he had hidden in a book," Fr. Bosco
Perianayagam, the Administrator of the school, said.
Other students raised an alarm before the boy fled the
scene, he said. However, he was later taken into custody.
Uma Maheshwari is survived by two children, Fr. Bosco
said, adding "We are in deep grief. This is an unexpected
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption