Class VI student murdered, body dumped in school septic tank
Dindigul: In a suspected case of murder, the body of a 11-year old student, missing since Monday, has been found in the septic tank in his school premises near here, police said on Thursday.
Hariprasad, a class VI student and an inmate of the higher secondary school hostel at M M Kovilur, was reported missing since 6 am on Monday.
On a complaint, police registered a case and launched a search for him. In the meanwhile, as foul smell emanated from the school septic tank, police opened it last night and found the body of Hariprasad, DSP Vanitha said.
She said based on initial inquiry police suspect Hariprasad could have been murdered in a fallout of enmity between two groups of students and the body dumped in the septic tank.
School Headmaster Tajuddin also said there was enmity between two groups of students and Hariprasad could have been murdered because of it.
Hariprasad`s mother Parimala said she had met her son on Sunday. The school management said her son had gone out to take tea and did not return. If he had gone out how was that his body had been found in the septic tank inside the the school, she asked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...