Class VI student murdered, body dumped in school septic tank
Dindigul: In a suspected case of murder, the body of a 11-year old student, missing since Monday, has been found in the septic tank in his school premises near here, police said on Thursday.
Hariprasad, a class VI student and an inmate of the higher secondary school hostel at M M Kovilur, was reported missing since 6 am on Monday.
On a complaint, police registered a case and launched a search for him. In the meanwhile, as foul smell emanated from the school septic tank, police opened it last night and found the body of Hariprasad, DSP Vanitha said.
She said based on initial inquiry police suspect Hariprasad could have been murdered in a fallout of enmity between two groups of students and the body dumped in the septic tank.
School Headmaster Tajuddin also said there was enmity between two groups of students and Hariprasad could have been murdered because of it.
Hariprasad`s mother Parimala said she had met her son on Sunday. The school management said her son had gone out to take tea and did not return. If he had gone out how was that his body had been found in the septic tank inside the the school, she asked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launches India's first green rail corridor in Tamil Nadu
- UP: 8 children killed as train hits school mini-bus in Bhadohi
- If Narsingh Yadav is found guilty, Sushil Kumar cannot replace him for Rio Olympics – Here's why!
- Rohit Bal's fusion of bling and royalty draws curtain on India Couture Week
- Watch 'Kala Chashma' teaser: Check out Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra's desi swag
- Navjot Singh Sidhu says he quit Rajya Sabha because he was told to stay away from Punjab
- Missing IAF AN32: Co-pilot Pankaj Nandel's family hopeful of his return