Class VI student murdered, body dumped in school septic tank
Dindigul: In a suspected case of murder, the body of a 11-year old student, missing since Monday, has been found in the septic tank in his school premises near here, police said on Thursday.
Hariprasad, a class VI student and an inmate of the higher secondary school hostel at M M Kovilur, was reported missing since 6 am on Monday.
On a complaint, police registered a case and launched a search for him. In the meanwhile, as foul smell emanated from the school septic tank, police opened it last night and found the body of Hariprasad, DSP Vanitha said.
She said based on initial inquiry police suspect Hariprasad could have been murdered in a fallout of enmity between two groups of students and the body dumped in the septic tank.
School Headmaster Tajuddin also said there was enmity between two groups of students and Hariprasad could have been murdered because of it.
Hariprasad`s mother Parimala said she had met her son on Sunday. The school management said her son had gone out to take tea and did not return. If he had gone out how was that his body had been found in the septic tank inside the the school, she asked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire