Class VI student murdered, body dumped in school septic tank
Dindigul: In a suspected case of murder, the body of a 11-year old student, missing since Monday, has been found in the septic tank in his school premises near here, police said on Thursday.
Hariprasad, a class VI student and an inmate of the higher secondary school hostel at M M Kovilur, was reported missing since 6 am on Monday.
On a complaint, police registered a case and launched a search for him. In the meanwhile, as foul smell emanated from the school septic tank, police opened it last night and found the body of Hariprasad, DSP Vanitha said.
She said based on initial inquiry police suspect Hariprasad could have been murdered in a fallout of enmity between two groups of students and the body dumped in the septic tank.
School Headmaster Tajuddin also said there was enmity between two groups of students and Hariprasad could have been murdered because of it.
Hariprasad`s mother Parimala said she had met her son on Sunday. The school management said her son had gone out to take tea and did not return. If he had gone out how was that his body had been found in the septic tank inside the the school, she asked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre