Class XI student comes to school drunk; suspended for 20 days
Tuticorin: In a shocking incident, a class XI student of a government school in the district was allegedly found drunk while writing his quarterly examination following which he had been suspended for 20 days, officials said on Friday.
The headmaster of the school at Kazhugumalai was shocked when he found the boy drunk while writing the history paper on September 11 and informed the Education Department officials.
A team of officials, including the Chief Education Officer, Tahsildhar, Village Administrative Officer visited the school and conducted an inquiry in the presence of the student and his parents on Thursday.
The parents requested the officials to forgive their son saying this was his first such mistake and gave assurance that he would not drink liquor in future.
After the inquiry, the officials ordered the suspension of the student for 20 days from today.
District Collector M.Ravi and Superintendent of Police M Durai had also ben briefed about the incident, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi