Class XI student comes to school drunk; suspended for 20 days
Tuticorin: In a shocking incident, a class XI student of a government school in the district was allegedly found drunk while writing his quarterly examination following which he had been suspended for 20 days, officials said on Friday.
The headmaster of the school at Kazhugumalai was shocked when he found the boy drunk while writing the history paper on September 11 and informed the Education Department officials.
A team of officials, including the Chief Education Officer, Tahsildhar, Village Administrative Officer visited the school and conducted an inquiry in the presence of the student and his parents on Thursday.
The parents requested the officials to forgive their son saying this was his first such mistake and gave assurance that he would not drink liquor in future.
After the inquiry, the officials ordered the suspension of the student for 20 days from today.
District Collector M.Ravi and Superintendent of Police M Durai had also ben briefed about the incident, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- DNA: Analysis of first SECC survey in eight decades
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?