CM announces cash reward for 245 more police personnel
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on Monday announced cash award to 245 more police personnel for nabbing three terror suspects recently and the efforts made by them in other cases, taking the total number of personnel chosen for the reward to 266.
The Chief Minister granted Rs one lakh each to 245 personnel attached to Special Division, Special Investigation Division, Special Intelligence Cell and Special Investigation Team, who worked towards the arrest of the key terror suspects wanted in connection with the Advani pipe bomb case.
She had already announced cash reward of Rs five lakh and a one-step promotion to 21 personnel, involved in Puttur operations on October 5, in which key suspects Panna Ismail and Bilal Malik were apprehended successfully from a house.
In the latest announcement, inspector Veerakumar of Periamedu Police Station, who assisted in arresting key suspect `Police` Fakruddin on October 4 would get Rs five lakh, while head constables M Vijayaperumal and K Mariappan of Special Intelligence Cell (SIC) would get Rs five lakh each, for persuading other suspects Panna Ismail and Bilal Malik to come out of the house in Puttur, where they were hidding on October 5, she said.
Woman constable Radhika of Periamedu Police and SIC inspectors S Ramamoorthy and B Bandarinathan, who provided intelligence inputs on Fakruddin would be awarded Rs two lakh each, the Chief Minister said.
In a major operation, the SID of Tamil Nadu Police had on October 4 and 5 arrested Panna Ismail and Bilal Malik, two key suspects in the 2011 Advani bomb and many other cases.
Inspector Lakshmanan suffered severe injuries in the October 5 operation, while accused Panna Ismail suffered bullet injuries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users