CM announces projects to decongest Chennai
Chennai: As part of her government`s efforts to decongest suburban Chennai, Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa today announced various infrastructure projects totalling over Rs 230 crore.
A road expansion of upto one km at the busy GST Road connecting southern suburbs to the city, near the airport at a cost of Rs 1.75 crore, was also sanctioned by her.
Further, Jayalalithaa allocated Rs 231.68 crore towards road over bridges and subway at other suburban areas of Tambaram, Velachery and Kolathur, an official release here said.
The release said these efforts would help decongest these parts, which have of late become favoured destinations of real estate activity in Chennai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- AgustaWestland row: Fossils of Congress' scams will be excavated years later, says Giriraj Singh
- Sitapur district authorities start demolition of Rampal Yadav-owned hotel-cum-multiplex
- MUST WATCH: Disgruntled employee tears down an aeroplane!
- Centre releases 25 more files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose
- Indian Premier League, Match 26: Delhi Daredevils vs Kolkata Knight Riders - Preview