CM announces projects to decongest Chennai
Chennai: As part of her government`s efforts to decongest suburban Chennai, Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa today announced various infrastructure projects totalling over Rs 230 crore.
A road expansion of upto one km at the busy GST Road connecting southern suburbs to the city, near the airport at a cost of Rs 1.75 crore, was also sanctioned by her.
Further, Jayalalithaa allocated Rs 231.68 crore towards road over bridges and subway at other suburban areas of Tambaram, Velachery and Kolathur, an official release here said.
The release said these efforts would help decongest these parts, which have of late become favoured destinations of real estate activity in Chennai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why