CM announces solatium to families of drowned
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M
Karunanidhi on Sunday announced a solatium of Rs one lakh each to
families of three people, who drowned in Tamirabarani river in
Tirunelveli district on April 13.
The amount, sanctioned from the chief minister`s relief
fund, follows a request by Speaker R Avudaiyappan, an official
press release here said.
The trio -- Natarajan (22), Muthukumar (20) and Karuppiah
(18)had gone to the river for a bath that day when they
Karunanidhi also expressed his condolences to the members
of the bereaved families, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'