CM announces solatium to families of drowned
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M
Karunanidhi on Sunday announced a solatium of Rs one lakh each to
families of three people, who drowned in Tamirabarani river in
Tirunelveli district on April 13.
The amount, sanctioned from the chief minister`s relief
fund, follows a request by Speaker R Avudaiyappan, an official
press release here said.
The trio -- Natarajan (22), Muthukumar (20) and Karuppiah
(18)had gone to the river for a bath that day when they
Karunanidhi also expressed his condolences to the members
of the bereaved families, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Flight 370: With search suspended, a cold-case file awaits
- Arvind Kejriwal's ex-principal secretary Rajendra Kumar granted bail
- 54 ISIS supporters arrested: Governmnet
- Kumar Sangakkara backs Muttiah Muralitharan, slams Sri Lanka Cricket for lashing out at off-spinner
- Michelle brings Democrats to tears in moving convention speech