CM announces solatium to families of drowned
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M
Karunanidhi on Sunday announced a solatium of Rs one lakh each to
families of three people, who drowned in Tamirabarani river in
Tirunelveli district on April 13.
The amount, sanctioned from the chief minister`s relief
fund, follows a request by Speaker R Avudaiyappan, an official
press release here said.
The trio -- Natarajan (22), Muthukumar (20) and Karuppiah
(18)had gone to the river for a bath that day when they
Karunanidhi also expressed his condolences to the members
of the bereaved families, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway