CM announces solatium to families of drowned
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M
Karunanidhi on Sunday announced a solatium of Rs one lakh each to
families of three people, who drowned in Tamirabarani river in
Tirunelveli district on April 13.
The amount, sanctioned from the chief minister`s relief
fund, follows a request by Speaker R Avudaiyappan, an official
press release here said.
The trio -- Natarajan (22), Muthukumar (20) and Karuppiah
(18)had gone to the river for a bath that day when they
Karunanidhi also expressed his condolences to the members
of the bereaved families, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah