CM announces solatium to families of drowned
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M
Karunanidhi on Sunday announced a solatium of Rs one lakh each to
families of three people, who drowned in Tamirabarani river in
Tirunelveli district on April 13.
The amount, sanctioned from the chief minister`s relief
fund, follows a request by Speaker R Avudaiyappan, an official
press release here said.
The trio -- Natarajan (22), Muthukumar (20) and Karuppiah
(18)had gone to the river for a bath that day when they
Karunanidhi also expressed his condolences to the members
of the bereaved families, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress