CM condoles deaths in cracker unit fire, announces cash relief
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on Wednesday condoled the deaths of persons in a fire mishap at Sivakasi and announced a cash relief of Rs two lakh each to next of kin of those killed.
The Chief Minister expressed shock and grief over the incident and also deputed five of her cabinet colleagues, including Finance Minister O Panneerselvam to console the relatives and meet the injured in hospital.
The relief to the families would be given from the Chief Minister`s General Relief Fund, she said.
Wishing a speedy recovery to the injured, she announced Rs 25,000 and Rs 10,000 respectively for those who had suffered serious and simple injuries.
She said 78 persons had sustained injuries. "I have asked the local administration to provide them with good medical care," she said in a statement. Further, a team of doctors has also been deputed from Madurai, she added.
Governor K Rosaiah also condoled the deaths and said he prayed that the departed souls rest in peace.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Barack Obama endorses Hillary Clinton for US presidency in electrifying speech at DNC - Watch
- Syria, Russia cluster munition use `relentless`: HRW
- Balle Balle! Harbhajan Singh, wife Geeta Basra blessed with a baby girl: Report
- Hardcore Maoist surrenders in Odisha
- Harshvardhan Kapoor in Motwane's 'Bhavesh Joshi'