CM condoles deaths in cracker unit fire, announces cash relief
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on Wednesday condoled the deaths of persons in a fire mishap at Sivakasi and announced a cash relief of Rs two lakh each to next of kin of those killed.
The Chief Minister expressed shock and grief over the incident and also deputed five of her cabinet colleagues, including Finance Minister O Panneerselvam to console the relatives and meet the injured in hospital.
The relief to the families would be given from the Chief Minister`s General Relief Fund, she said.
Wishing a speedy recovery to the injured, she announced Rs 25,000 and Rs 10,000 respectively for those who had suffered serious and simple injuries.
She said 78 persons had sustained injuries. "I have asked the local administration to provide them with good medical care," she said in a statement. Further, a team of doctors has also been deputed from Madurai, she added.
Governor K Rosaiah also condoled the deaths and said he prayed that the departed souls rest in peace.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown