CM hands 8251 houses to tsunami affected districts
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa on Tuesday handed 8251 houses constructed as part of tsunami rehabilitation with World Bank aid in 11 districts of the state.
She handed over the houses through video conferencing in 11 districts, a state government release here said, adding the construction of the houses was taken up in 2005 after the December 26, 2004 tsunami that struck the Tamil Nadu coast.
Each of the 325 square foot houses, built at a cost of Rs
3.75 lakh, would withstand natural phenomenon like tsunami and
earthquakes and have been insured for 10 years, it said.
They said number of houses was part of the government`s
decision to construct a total of over 14,000 homes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH