CM hands 8251 houses to tsunami affected districts
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa on Tuesday handed 8251 houses constructed as part of tsunami rehabilitation with World Bank aid in 11 districts of the state.
She handed over the houses through video conferencing in 11 districts, a state government release here said, adding the construction of the houses was taken up in 2005 after the December 26, 2004 tsunami that struck the Tamil Nadu coast.
Each of the 325 square foot houses, built at a cost of Rs
3.75 lakh, would withstand natural phenomenon like tsunami and
earthquakes and have been insured for 10 years, it said.
They said number of houses was part of the government`s
decision to construct a total of over 14,000 homes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!