CM hands 8251 houses to tsunami affected districts
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa on Tuesday handed 8251 houses constructed as part of tsunami rehabilitation with World Bank aid in 11 districts of the state.
She handed over the houses through video conferencing in 11 districts, a state government release here said, adding the construction of the houses was taken up in 2005 after the December 26, 2004 tsunami that struck the Tamil Nadu coast.
Each of the 325 square foot houses, built at a cost of Rs
3.75 lakh, would withstand natural phenomenon like tsunami and
earthquakes and have been insured for 10 years, it said.
They said number of houses was part of the government`s
decision to construct a total of over 14,000 homes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Water tanker scam: ACB summons Delhi Water Minister Kapil Mishra for questioning
- Now recharge your body and phone with KFC's 'Watt a Box' meal!- Watch
- Volkswagen to pay $10 billion in US over emissions scandal: Source
- PM Narendra Modi meets Chinese President Xi Jinping, seeks support for India's NSG bid
- Focus on defence, security as PM Modi meets Uzbek President