CM inaugurates renovated Namakkal Kavingnar Maligai
Chennai: Ahead of the opening of the budget session of Tamil Nadu Assembly, Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa Thursday inaugurated the renovated Namakkal Kavingar Maligai -- the 10 storeyed building that houses various government offices, located in the campus of secretariat.
Besides, the Chief Minister also inaugurated a gym set up at a cost of Rs 50 lakhs aimed at benefiting the government employees, an official release said.
The Namakkal Kavignar Maligai renovated at a cost of Rs 28 crore, comprises of centralised air-condition facility and 1,700 square metre of landscape aimed at providing a dust free environment, it said.
For the benefit of the 6,000 employees who work at various departments in the Secretariat, Jayalalithaa inaugurated a new gym for men and women, the release said.
The budget session which began today is expected to go on till August 12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand