CM inaugurates renovated Namakkal Kavingnar Maligai
Chennai: Ahead of the opening of the budget session of Tamil Nadu Assembly, Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa Thursday inaugurated the renovated Namakkal Kavingar Maligai -- the 10 storeyed building that houses various government offices, located in the campus of secretariat.
Besides, the Chief Minister also inaugurated a gym set up at a cost of Rs 50 lakhs aimed at benefiting the government employees, an official release said.
The Namakkal Kavignar Maligai renovated at a cost of Rs 28 crore, comprises of centralised air-condition facility and 1,700 square metre of landscape aimed at providing a dust free environment, it said.
For the benefit of the 6,000 employees who work at various departments in the Secretariat, Jayalalithaa inaugurated a new gym for men and women, the release said.
The budget session which began today is expected to go on till August 12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees