CM inaugurates renovated Namakkal Kavingnar Maligai
Chennai: Ahead of the opening of the budget session of Tamil Nadu Assembly, Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa Thursday inaugurated the renovated Namakkal Kavingar Maligai -- the 10 storeyed building that houses various government offices, located in the campus of secretariat.
Besides, the Chief Minister also inaugurated a gym set up at a cost of Rs 50 lakhs aimed at benefiting the government employees, an official release said.
The Namakkal Kavignar Maligai renovated at a cost of Rs 28 crore, comprises of centralised air-condition facility and 1,700 square metre of landscape aimed at providing a dust free environment, it said.
For the benefit of the 6,000 employees who work at various departments in the Secretariat, Jayalalithaa inaugurated a new gym for men and women, the release said.
The budget session which began today is expected to go on till August 12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Salman Khan to endorse a line of langots to promote 'Sultan' – Details inside
- Texas mother fatally shoots 2 daughters; police kill her
- Brexit, a sign of anti-elite revolt: analysts
- Deepika Padukone-Ranveer Singh had a bitter fall-out on their Paris vacay? - Details inside
- Jayalalithaa urges PM Narendra Modi to get fishermen released from Sri Lanka