CM inaugurates renovated Namakkal Kavingnar Maligai
Chennai: Ahead of the opening of the budget session of Tamil Nadu Assembly, Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa Thursday inaugurated the renovated Namakkal Kavingar Maligai -- the 10 storeyed building that houses various government offices, located in the campus of secretariat.
Besides, the Chief Minister also inaugurated a gym set up at a cost of Rs 50 lakhs aimed at benefiting the government employees, an official release said.
The Namakkal Kavignar Maligai renovated at a cost of Rs 28 crore, comprises of centralised air-condition facility and 1,700 square metre of landscape aimed at providing a dust free environment, it said.
For the benefit of the 6,000 employees who work at various departments in the Secretariat, Jayalalithaa inaugurated a new gym for men and women, the release said.
The budget session which began today is expected to go on till August 12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert