CM inaugurates renovated Namakkal Kavingnar Maligai
Chennai: Ahead of the opening of the budget session of Tamil Nadu Assembly, Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa Thursday inaugurated the renovated Namakkal Kavingar Maligai -- the 10 storeyed building that houses various government offices, located in the campus of secretariat.
Besides, the Chief Minister also inaugurated a gym set up at a cost of Rs 50 lakhs aimed at benefiting the government employees, an official release said.
The Namakkal Kavignar Maligai renovated at a cost of Rs 28 crore, comprises of centralised air-condition facility and 1,700 square metre of landscape aimed at providing a dust free environment, it said.
For the benefit of the 6,000 employees who work at various departments in the Secretariat, Jayalalithaa inaugurated a new gym for men and women, the release said.
The budget session which began today is expected to go on till August 12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!