CM Jayalalithaa launches several initiatives
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J
Jayalalithaa today launched a series of initiatives including providing pension for economically poor transgenders.
She also launched the government scheme to provide two sets of dresses to children aged between 2-5, with the aim of attracting more of them to state-run Anganwadi Centres.
The scheme implemented at a cost of Rs 4.30 crore would cover over 2.01 lakh children, a government release here said.
Further, she launched a scheme to provide monthly pension of Rs 1000 to economically poor transgenders over 40 years. A sum of Rs 1.17 crore had been allotted in the current year for this purpose.
The Chief Minister also gave away petrol-driven scooters fitted with additional wheels to 61 differently-abled persons, replacing them with battery-powered three wheelers. She also honoured differently-abled toppers who opted for Tamil as medium of instruction in the 2012-13 government exams.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Donald Trump fires his national political director - campaign sources
- UN chief Ban Ki-moon urges dialogue with North Korea
- Joe Biden urges Cyprus leaders to resume talks
- Gujarat Patel quota stir leader Hardik Patel to be produced in court for insulting tricolour
- Doctors in Delhi Govt hospitals to go on strike over salaries, allowance