CM orders probe into murder of CPI(M) functionary
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M
Karunanidhi Tuesday ordered a CB-CID probe into the murder of a
CPI(M) functionary in Namakkal recently.
In an official press release here, DGP Letika Saran said
that the probe has been transferred from local police to the
CB-CID on the orders of the Chief Minister.
A case under different sections of IPC, including murder
had been already registered, she said.
On Monday, CPI(M) state secretary G Ramakrishnan had
written to Karunanidhi, demanding a CB-CID probe.
Velusamy, who was fighting against usury in the locality,
was hacked to death outside a police station in Namakkal on
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!