Coimbatore: 2 held for selling whitener to youths
Coimbatore: Two persons have been arrested for allegedly selling `correction fluid and diluter` (whitener) to youths below 18 years of age, police said on Thursday.
Police had received information that some youngsters were using these products, by applying it on a cloth and inhaling it to get the `kick`.
To curb the menace, City Police Commissioner, Amaresh Pujari, formed a special team, which raided retailers selling these type of products, a police release said.
Two retailers--Sathiyan of R S Puram and A Feroz in Gandhipark in the city, were arrested and cases registered against them for selling the products to those below 18 years of age. Police also seized 15 bottles of correction fluid and diluter (of a famous company) from their possession, it said.
Pujari warned of stringent action against those retailers, who were selling such poisonous substances to persons below 18 years, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!