Coimbatore: 2 held for selling whitener to youths
Coimbatore: Two persons have been arrested for allegedly selling `correction fluid and diluter` (whitener) to youths below 18 years of age, police said on Thursday.
Police had received information that some youngsters were using these products, by applying it on a cloth and inhaling it to get the `kick`.
To curb the menace, City Police Commissioner, Amaresh Pujari, formed a special team, which raided retailers selling these type of products, a police release said.
Two retailers--Sathiyan of R S Puram and A Feroz in Gandhipark in the city, were arrested and cases registered against them for selling the products to those below 18 years of age. Police also seized 15 bottles of correction fluid and diluter (of a famous company) from their possession, it said.
Pujari warned of stringent action against those retailers, who were selling such poisonous substances to persons below 18 years, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections