Coimbatore: 2 held for selling whitener to youths
Coimbatore: Two persons have been arrested for allegedly selling `correction fluid and diluter` (whitener) to youths below 18 years of age, police said on Thursday.
Police had received information that some youngsters were using these products, by applying it on a cloth and inhaling it to get the `kick`.
To curb the menace, City Police Commissioner, Amaresh Pujari, formed a special team, which raided retailers selling these type of products, a police release said.
Two retailers--Sathiyan of R S Puram and A Feroz in Gandhipark in the city, were arrested and cases registered against them for selling the products to those below 18 years of age. Police also seized 15 bottles of correction fluid and diluter (of a famous company) from their possession, it said.
Pujari warned of stringent action against those retailers, who were selling such poisonous substances to persons below 18 years, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Do you know where is Katrina Kaif's paradise? Watch video
- READ: What Suresh Raina said after Gujarat Lions' dream IPL run ended in Qualifier 2
- CBSE 10th Result 2016, CBSE Class 10th Results Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic.in 10th Results 2016 CBSE Board: CBSE Class 10th X Exam Result 2016 to be announced today on May 28 at 2 PM
- 10th X Results 2016 CBSE Board: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in 10th X class exam result 2016 CBSE Board to be announced soon
- Track your lost Android phone in these steps; remotely lock or erase data