Coimbatore: 2 held for selling whitener to youths
Coimbatore: Two persons have been arrested for allegedly selling `correction fluid and diluter` (whitener) to youths below 18 years of age, police said on Thursday.
Police had received information that some youngsters were using these products, by applying it on a cloth and inhaling it to get the `kick`.
To curb the menace, City Police Commissioner, Amaresh Pujari, formed a special team, which raided retailers selling these type of products, a police release said.
Two retailers--Sathiyan of R S Puram and A Feroz in Gandhipark in the city, were arrested and cases registered against them for selling the products to those below 18 years of age. Police also seized 15 bottles of correction fluid and diluter (of a famous company) from their possession, it said.
Pujari warned of stringent action against those retailers, who were selling such poisonous substances to persons below 18 years, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing