Coimbatore doctor gets international award
Coimbatore: A paper submitted by a city doctor
has been named the Best International Paper by the Society of
American College of Endosurgeons, at its Annual Congress
recently held at San Antonio in Texas, USA.
The award was won by the paper on `Sugergy for Type II
Diabetes` by Dr P Praveen Kumar, a consultant at a private
hospital in the city. The award carries a cash price of USD
Praveen said that this surgery for Type II diabetes, also
called as Metaboli surgery, was targeted at treatment of
lifestyle disorders such as obesity, diabetes, hypertension
and high cholesterol by surgical means where medicines have
failed to control them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje