Coimbatore-Palakkad train extended to Erode
Erode (TN): The daily passenger train between Palakkad and Coimbatore has been extended upto Erode from Sunday.
The train would leave Erode at 7.30 am and reach Palakkad at 12.30 pm. In the return direction, it would leave Palakkad at 2.30 pm and reach here at 7 pm.
Salem Divisional Railway Manager Sujatha Jayaraj, who flagged off the extended train, said Railway Ministry had sanctioned Rs 60 lakhs for development of Erode junction.
Two lifts would be dedicated for use by passengers soon, she said adding two escalators would also be installed in the station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad