Coimbatore-Palakkad train extended to Erode
Erode (TN): The daily passenger train between Palakkad and Coimbatore has been extended upto Erode from Sunday.
The train would leave Erode at 7.30 am and reach Palakkad at 12.30 pm. In the return direction, it would leave Palakkad at 2.30 pm and reach here at 7 pm.
Salem Divisional Railway Manager Sujatha Jayaraj, who flagged off the extended train, said Railway Ministry had sanctioned Rs 60 lakhs for development of Erode junction.
Two lifts would be dedicated for use by passengers soon, she said adding two escalators would also be installed in the station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police