Coimbatore-Palakkad train extended to Erode
Erode (TN): The daily passenger train between Palakkad and Coimbatore has been extended upto Erode from Sunday.
The train would leave Erode at 7.30 am and reach Palakkad at 12.30 pm. In the return direction, it would leave Palakkad at 2.30 pm and reach here at 7 pm.
Salem Divisional Railway Manager Sujatha Jayaraj, who flagged off the extended train, said Railway Ministry had sanctioned Rs 60 lakhs for development of Erode junction.
Two lifts would be dedicated for use by passengers soon, she said adding two escalators would also be installed in the station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September