Coimbatore-Palakkad train extended to Erode
Erode (TN): The daily passenger train between Palakkad and Coimbatore has been extended upto Erode from Sunday.
The train would leave Erode at 7.30 am and reach Palakkad at 12.30 pm. In the return direction, it would leave Palakkad at 2.30 pm and reach here at 7 pm.
Salem Divisional Railway Manager Sujatha Jayaraj, who flagged off the extended train, said Railway Ministry had sanctioned Rs 60 lakhs for development of Erode junction.
Two lifts would be dedicated for use by passengers soon, she said adding two escalators would also be installed in the station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country