College student done to death after she resists rape attempt
Chidambaram: A college student was done to death when she resisted a rape attempt by a five member gang while her male friend suffered serious injuries when he tried to take them on at nearby Kattumannar Kovil, police said.
Police said woman was riding pillon with her friend when the gang accosted them and forcibly tried to take her away. As she resisted, they slit her throat, killing her on the spot.
Her friend snatched the knife and attacked the gang, injuring two of them.
However he was overpowered and attacked, suffering serious injuries, after which the gang fled.
He managed to call his friends over cellphone following which they rushed to the spot and found the woman dead.
The man has been hospitalised, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing