Commenced election work without waiting for list: Mani Shankar Iyer
Kumbakonam : Former Union Minister and Congress MP Mani Shankar Iyer today said that he has commenced electioneering work without waiting for announcement of the final list of candidates in Tamil Nadu.
"In the last election I waited for the final list to be announced by the party and then commenced election work and that led to losing the election. So this time I have commenced election work not waiting for announcement of list," he told reporters here today.
"To my heart contesting from my constituency Myalduthurai is definite. There are bright chances of winning as it is a five or six front contest and getting about 2.5 lakh votes can get an easy win," he said.
Congress has not officially announced the candidates for Lok Saba election in Tamil Nadu.
Iyer said Congress would officially announce the list of candidates in the state in one or two days.
He said former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi had alloted him the constituency 23 years back and since then he had been working for the people.
"I contested from this constituency six times...Three times I won and lost thrice," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- LIVE: After surgical strikes by Indian Army, Nawaz Sharif says Pakistan wants peace
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’