Complaint boxes in schools to prevent child abuse in TN
Dindigul (TN): In a novel move aimed at checking child abuse, the district administration has decided to install complaint boxes in all schools to help students air their grievances if any and make them feel secured.
The objective of the initiative, taken by District Collector N Venkatachalam, was to instill confidence in the students so that they feel secured in schools, officials said.
The key of the "Protection Boxes" will be with the head of respective schools who would open them daily and the grievances enquired into confidentially.
The decision was announced by Venkatachalam during a district-level child line consultative committee meeting here, an official press release said today.
The district administration also plans to hold gram sabha meetings to create awareness on the need for protection of children at the village level.
Since government primary schools in villages do not have the financial resources to set up these boxes, the village panchayats should take the responsibility of purchasing the boxes.
Child help line number 1098 also should be displayed near the complaint box, which can also be used to prevent child marriages, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations