Comprehensive security system for Madras HC
Chennai: A Comprehensive Security System
(CSS) will be put in place at the principal seat of the Madras
High Court and its Madurai Bench in the wake of the September
7 bomb blast outside the Delhi High Court.
A resolution to this effect was taken at a full court
meeting of the High Court to consider strengthening security
arrangements at its premises.
The meeting yesterday also considered a letter from Tamil
Nadu Chief Secretary, stressing the urgent need to augment
security at the court premises in Chennai and Madurai
following intelligence about likelihood of attacks similar to
witnessed in Delhi.
"Security arrangements have to be made to ensure that in
the event of any such attempted incident, safety and security
is not compromised," the letter said.
Following the letter, the full court further resolved to
approach the government to provide round the clock security to
the area in and around the principal seat and Madurai Bench.
Stating that the government was committed to implementing
CSS, the Advocate General submitted that the Government will
also provide electronic gadgets like Doorframe Metal
Detectors, at all gates of the High Court, apart from posting
Armed and Unarmed Police personnel there.
Closed-circuit television cameras would also be installed
at appropriate places as may be found necessary and baggage
scanners provided for checking baggage brought into the court
Further, the anti-sabotage checks which are being carried
out on working days shall be continued on all days.
Meanwhile, the full court directed the Registrar General
to submit a detailed report on the overall needs of the High
Court with regard to strengthening of security system.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered