Comprehensive security system for Madras HC
Chennai: A Comprehensive Security System
(CSS) will be put in place at the principal seat of the Madras
High Court and its Madurai Bench in the wake of the September
7 bomb blast outside the Delhi High Court.
A resolution to this effect was taken at a full court
meeting of the High Court to consider strengthening security
arrangements at its premises.
The meeting yesterday also considered a letter from Tamil
Nadu Chief Secretary, stressing the urgent need to augment
security at the court premises in Chennai and Madurai
following intelligence about likelihood of attacks similar to
witnessed in Delhi.
"Security arrangements have to be made to ensure that in
the event of any such attempted incident, safety and security
is not compromised," the letter said.
Following the letter, the full court further resolved to
approach the government to provide round the clock security to
the area in and around the principal seat and Madurai Bench.
Stating that the government was committed to implementing
CSS, the Advocate General submitted that the Government will
also provide electronic gadgets like Doorframe Metal
Detectors, at all gates of the High Court, apart from posting
Armed and Unarmed Police personnel there.
Closed-circuit television cameras would also be installed
at appropriate places as may be found necessary and baggage
scanners provided for checking baggage brought into the court
Further, the anti-sabotage checks which are being carried
out on working days shall be continued on all days.
Meanwhile, the full court directed the Registrar General
to submit a detailed report on the overall needs of the High
Court with regard to strengthening of security system.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?