Conditional bail granted to Sasikala’s brother
Chennai: The Madras High Court on Monday granted
conditional bail to Divaharan, brother of VK Sasikala, once
considered close to Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa, in
a case relating to the alleged demolition of a hut in
Granting the relief on a petition by Dhivaharan seeking
bail, Justice MM Sundresh directed that he be released on
executing a personal bond for Rs 10,000 with two sureities for
like amounts to the satisfaction of Needamangalam judicial
Dhivaharan has been told to appear before the Judicial
Magistrate Tiruthuraipoondi daily for four weeks and
thereafter as and when required.
The Judge said that after considering the fact that
the investigation was almost over and the co-accused had been
granted bail and anticipatory bail, he was granting the bail.
The allegation against the Dhivaharan was that at his
instance, demolished the hut of one Kasturi in November 26
last year due to enmity in the local body elections.
The petitioner was in custody from February three.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read