Conditional bail granted to Sasikala’s brother
Chennai: The Madras High Court on Monday granted
conditional bail to Divaharan, brother of VK Sasikala, once
considered close to Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa, in
a case relating to the alleged demolition of a hut in
Granting the relief on a petition by Dhivaharan seeking
bail, Justice MM Sundresh directed that he be released on
executing a personal bond for Rs 10,000 with two sureities for
like amounts to the satisfaction of Needamangalam judicial
Dhivaharan has been told to appear before the Judicial
Magistrate Tiruthuraipoondi daily for four weeks and
thereafter as and when required.
The Judge said that after considering the fact that
the investigation was almost over and the co-accused had been
granted bail and anticipatory bail, he was granting the bail.
The allegation against the Dhivaharan was that at his
instance, demolished the hut of one Kasturi in November 26
last year due to enmity in the local body elections.
The petitioner was in custody from February three.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you