Conditional bail granted to Sasikala’s brother
Chennai: The Madras High Court on Monday granted
conditional bail to Divaharan, brother of VK Sasikala, once
considered close to Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa, in
a case relating to the alleged demolition of a hut in
Granting the relief on a petition by Dhivaharan seeking
bail, Justice MM Sundresh directed that he be released on
executing a personal bond for Rs 10,000 with two sureities for
like amounts to the satisfaction of Needamangalam judicial
Dhivaharan has been told to appear before the Judicial
Magistrate Tiruthuraipoondi daily for four weeks and
thereafter as and when required.
The Judge said that after considering the fact that
the investigation was almost over and the co-accused had been
granted bail and anticipatory bail, he was granting the bail.
The allegation against the Dhivaharan was that at his
instance, demolished the hut of one Kasturi in November 26
last year due to enmity in the local body elections.
The petitioner was in custody from February three.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried