Conditional bail granted to Sasikala’s brother
Chennai: The Madras High Court on Monday granted
conditional bail to Divaharan, brother of VK Sasikala, once
considered close to Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa, in
a case relating to the alleged demolition of a hut in
Granting the relief on a petition by Dhivaharan seeking
bail, Justice MM Sundresh directed that he be released on
executing a personal bond for Rs 10,000 with two sureities for
like amounts to the satisfaction of Needamangalam judicial
Dhivaharan has been told to appear before the Judicial
Magistrate Tiruthuraipoondi daily for four weeks and
thereafter as and when required.
The Judge said that after considering the fact that
the investigation was almost over and the co-accused had been
granted bail and anticipatory bail, he was granting the bail.
The allegation against the Dhivaharan was that at his
instance, demolished the hut of one Kasturi in November 26
last year due to enmity in the local body elections.
The petitioner was in custody from February three.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- READ: Virender Sehwag's important message to parents, students after CBSE class 12 results
- Hangul, the rare Kashmir deer, may soon go extinct
- Twitter war: Verbal duel between Smriti Irani and Congress' Priyanka Chaturvedi - Know what happened
- WATCH: DD vs RCB highlights - Virat Kohli steals show with match-winning knock
- Suicide bomber kills at least 20 recruits in Yemen