Cong demo seeks arrest of anti-KNPP protest organisers
Madurai: Congress workers Wednesday held demonstrations at different places in the district demanding the arrest of members of the organisations who were behind the protest against the Kudankulam Nuclear Power Plant.
Congress MP Manicka Tagore, who participated in a demonstration, the state was already reeling under power shortage and hence the KKNP plant should be commissioned at the earliest to provide some relief.
They shouted slogans against People`s Movement Against Nuclear Energy, accusing it of instigating innocent people to oppose the plant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends