Cong demo seeks arrest of anti-KNPP protest organisers
Madurai: Congress workers Wednesday held demonstrations at different places in the district demanding the arrest of members of the organisations who were behind the protest against the Kudankulam Nuclear Power Plant.
Congress MP Manicka Tagore, who participated in a demonstration, the state was already reeling under power shortage and hence the KKNP plant should be commissioned at the earliest to provide some relief.
They shouted slogans against People`s Movement Against Nuclear Energy, accusing it of instigating innocent people to oppose the plant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy