Cong demo seeks arrest of anti-KNPP protest organisers
Madurai: Congress workers Wednesday held demonstrations at different places in the district demanding the arrest of members of the organisations who were behind the protest against the Kudankulam Nuclear Power Plant.
Congress MP Manicka Tagore, who participated in a demonstration, the state was already reeling under power shortage and hence the KKNP plant should be commissioned at the earliest to provide some relief.
They shouted slogans against People`s Movement Against Nuclear Energy, accusing it of instigating innocent people to oppose the plant.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan