Cong, DMK not `conjoined twins`: Renuka Chowdhury
New Delhi: Congress on Monday downplayed the DMK`s decision to contest the local body elections in Tamil Nadu on its own, saying such things have happened even in the
past and an alliance does not mean going together everywhere.
"We are not conjoined twins," party spokesperson Renuka Chowdhury said dismissing suggestions that being alliance partners they should contest every election together.
"I do not think it can affect our alliance," she said, adding that the sentiments of local cadres decide the tie-ups in local bodies polls.
Asked about Jaganmohan Reddy`s statement that he could support Congress-led UPA at the Centre in future, Chowdhury said, "Let us see. Elections are in 2014. Whether he needs our
support...we are not going to say `no` to any support."
To a question about the strike by the Telangana political Joint Action Committee (JAC) for formation of the separate Telangana statehood, the Congress spokesperson insisted that
"due diligence" and being cautious is better option than taking chance decisions.
TRS has decided to participate in the agitation tomorrow. Chowdhury, however, cautioned that Congress cannot take a decision on the basis of what TRS decides.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!