Cong, DMK not `conjoined twins`: Renuka Chowdhury
New Delhi: Congress on Monday downplayed the DMK`s decision to contest the local body elections in Tamil Nadu on its own, saying such things have happened even in the
past and an alliance does not mean going together everywhere.
"We are not conjoined twins," party spokesperson Renuka Chowdhury said dismissing suggestions that being alliance partners they should contest every election together.
"I do not think it can affect our alliance," she said, adding that the sentiments of local cadres decide the tie-ups in local bodies polls.
Asked about Jaganmohan Reddy`s statement that he could support Congress-led UPA at the Centre in future, Chowdhury said, "Let us see. Elections are in 2014. Whether he needs our
support...we are not going to say `no` to any support."
To a question about the strike by the Telangana political Joint Action Committee (JAC) for formation of the separate Telangana statehood, the Congress spokesperson insisted that
"due diligence" and being cautious is better option than taking chance decisions.
TRS has decided to participate in the agitation tomorrow. Chowdhury, however, cautioned that Congress cannot take a decision on the basis of what TRS decides.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you