Cong MP criticises Centre`s Telangana move
Vijayawada: Anakapalli Congress MP Sabbam Hari on Wednesday launched a broadside against his own party over its decision to create Telangana, saying the move spells rout for the party in Seemandhra region in upcoming elections.
"Congress cheated people by taking a hasty decision (on Telangana) just ahead of general elections only to derive a political advantage", he told reporters here.
Sabbam Hari, a staunch supporter of unified Andhra Pradesh, said the decision to allow bifurcation of the state did not augur well for the party`s electoral prospects.
"This decision has completely damaged the party`s prospects in Seemandhra and pushed Congress MPs and MLAs into despondency", the MP said.
He said the AP Reorganisation Bill-2013, currently pending before the state Legislative Assembly, would almost sail through in Parliament barring opposition from BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report