Cong MP criticises Centre`s Telangana move
Vijayawada: Anakapalli Congress MP Sabbam Hari on Wednesday launched a broadside against his own party over its decision to create Telangana, saying the move spells rout for the party in Seemandhra region in upcoming elections.
"Congress cheated people by taking a hasty decision (on Telangana) just ahead of general elections only to derive a political advantage", he told reporters here.
Sabbam Hari, a staunch supporter of unified Andhra Pradesh, said the decision to allow bifurcation of the state did not augur well for the party`s electoral prospects.
"This decision has completely damaged the party`s prospects in Seemandhra and pushed Congress MPs and MLAs into despondency", the MP said.
He said the AP Reorganisation Bill-2013, currently pending before the state Legislative Assembly, would almost sail through in Parliament barring opposition from BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?