Congress, DMK betrayed Tamil Nadu, alleges AIADMK
Chennai: AIADMK has made the alleged betrayal of Tamil Nadu by Congress-led UPA and its erstwhile partner DMK its plank for the upcoming Lok Sabha polls.
In the election manifesto released by its chief J Jayalalithaa on Tuesday, AIADMK listed out issues, in which it alleged that the Congress-led Centre and the DMK`s action were "anti-people."
While the Centre`s counter filed in the Supreme Court in the Katchatheevu retrieval case was "against the interests of Tamil Nadu," the manifesto also referred to the alleged "swindling of Rs two lakh crore" in the 2G spectrum scam.
Jayalalithaa has challenged the then Centre`s decision to cede Kachatheevu to Sri Lanka in the Supreme Court.
The Centre, "deliberately" delayed in publishing the final award of the Cauvery Water Disputes Tribunal in the gazette, it alleged, adding no action has been taken to form the Cauvery Management Board as envisaged in the final award.
DMK was supportive of the actions initiated by the Centre in snatching states` powers and the Karunanidhi-led party did not question the Congress government for providing military training and arms supply to Sri Lanka, the AIADMK manifesto alleged.
AIADMK also hit out at the DMK of supporting the "anti-people" policy of the Congress-led UPA government in permitting FDI in retail trade.
The Centre`s attempt to introduce a common entrance exam for medical education sounded the death knell for social justice, the AIADMK alleged.
DMK walked out of the Congress-led UPA over the Sri Lankan Tamils issue in March 2013, after nine years of partnership.
AIADMK, which routed the DMK in the 2011 Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly polls with a thumping majority has been nurturing national aspirations for its leader and Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents