Congress-DMK hold talks to identify constituencies
Chennai: After sealing the seat sharing deal, the DMK and Congress Thursday set in motion the process of identifying the constituencies where the two key UPA partners would contest in the April 13 Tamil Nadu Assembly polls.
"The first round of talks has begun," Congress state unit
President K V Thankgabalu told reporters after a 45-minute meeting at the DMK party headquarters here.
Describing the talks as "cordial", Thankgabalu said he
hope that the identification of the constituencies would be
finalised later in the day today.
The five-member Congress Election Panel Committee,
including Union Home Minister P Chidambaram and party
spokesperson Jayanthi Natarajan, held the talks with the DMK
chief and Chief Minister M Karunanidhi.
DMK and Congress on Tuesday finalised a seat sharing
agreement, under which Congress will contest 63 seats and DMK
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Indian Army prepares to secure Arunachal Pradesh from China
- Javed Miandad asks Misbah-ul-Haq to call off retirement plans to ensure Pakistan's future success
- Salman Khan's sister Arpita's house robbed; cash, goods worth Rs 3.25 lakh stolen
- Severe obesity alone can increase heart failure risk
- Fertilizer factory tank leaks, 35 ill in Bangladesh
- Pace of new bad loan formation has decelerated: RBI