Congress-DMK hold talks to identify constituencies
Chennai: After sealing the seat sharing deal, the DMK and Congress Thursday set in motion the process of identifying the constituencies where the two key UPA partners would contest in the April 13 Tamil Nadu Assembly polls.
"The first round of talks has begun," Congress state unit
President K V Thankgabalu told reporters after a 45-minute meeting at the DMK party headquarters here.
Describing the talks as "cordial", Thankgabalu said he
hope that the identification of the constituencies would be
finalised later in the day today.
The five-member Congress Election Panel Committee,
including Union Home Minister P Chidambaram and party
spokesperson Jayanthi Natarajan, held the talks with the DMK
chief and Chief Minister M Karunanidhi.
DMK and Congress on Tuesday finalised a seat sharing
agreement, under which Congress will contest 63 seats and DMK
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III