Congress-DMK hold talks to identify constituencies
Chennai: After sealing the seat sharing deal, the DMK and Congress Thursday set in motion the process of identifying the constituencies where the two key UPA partners would contest in the April 13 Tamil Nadu Assembly polls.
"The first round of talks has begun," Congress state unit
President K V Thankgabalu told reporters after a 45-minute meeting at the DMK party headquarters here.
Describing the talks as "cordial", Thankgabalu said he
hope that the identification of the constituencies would be
finalised later in the day today.
The five-member Congress Election Panel Committee,
including Union Home Minister P Chidambaram and party
spokesperson Jayanthi Natarajan, held the talks with the DMK
chief and Chief Minister M Karunanidhi.
DMK and Congress on Tuesday finalised a seat sharing
agreement, under which Congress will contest 63 seats and DMK
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists