Constable sentenced to death in murder case
Madurai: A local court here has convicted a 34-year-old Armed Reserve Police constable for murdering his aunt and cousin following a family dispute in 2000 and 2001.
Police said Satheeshkumar shot his aunt Soundaravalli to death on September 8, 2000 and then when he was on bail hacked his nieces Anitha and Kavitha on January 3, 2011 on a dispute over family pension received by his grandfather. Kavitha later died.
Police registered double murder case against the constable and arrested him under Goondas Act.
The fourth additional district and sessions court Judge Suresh Viswanath on Monday convicted the constable in both the murder cases and sentenced him to two terms of life imprisonment, besides imposing a fine of Rs 5 thousand on him.
The life sentence would be executed concurrently, the judge said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH