Constable sentenced to death in murder case
Madurai: A local court here has convicted a 34-year-old Armed Reserve Police constable for murdering his aunt and cousin following a family dispute in 2000 and 2001.
Police said Satheeshkumar shot his aunt Soundaravalli to death on September 8, 2000 and then when he was on bail hacked his nieces Anitha and Kavitha on January 3, 2011 on a dispute over family pension received by his grandfather. Kavitha later died.
Police registered double murder case against the constable and arrested him under Goondas Act.
The fourth additional district and sessions court Judge Suresh Viswanath on Monday convicted the constable in both the murder cases and sentenced him to two terms of life imprisonment, besides imposing a fine of Rs 5 thousand on him.
The life sentence would be executed concurrently, the judge said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security