COO of Sun Pictures files bail plea in Madras HC
Chennai: Chief Operating Officer of Sun
Pictures Hansraj Saxena who was arrested on a cheating and
intimidation case on Wednesday filed a bail plea in the Madras High
He was arrested on July 3 following a complaint filed by
Salem-based film distributor T S Selvaraj of Kandan Films.
Sun TV is promoted by Kalanidhi Maran who was summoned by a
local police station here, for which his advocate appeared
in a Police Station here this morning and contended that his
petitioner would not be in town till July 16.
In his petition, Saxena had said that Sun TV Network was a
"reputed concern and has got high moral responsibility towards
society and he (Saxena) has not committed the alleged cowardly
act as alleged by the prosecution."
Meanwhile, Saxena`s three associates were granted
anticipatory bail by the Madras High Court.
Justice G Rajasurya, however, ordered that K Sasi Kumar, V
Thambidurai and Mohammed Sadiq - associates of Sun Pictures`
COO have to each take a bond worth Rs 10,000 and get surety
from two persons each and also appear in Tallakulam Police
Station in Madurai daily.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today