COO of Sun Pictures files bail plea in Madras HC
Chennai: Chief Operating Officer of Sun
Pictures Hansraj Saxena who was arrested on a cheating and
intimidation case on Wednesday filed a bail plea in the Madras High
He was arrested on July 3 following a complaint filed by
Salem-based film distributor T S Selvaraj of Kandan Films.
Sun TV is promoted by Kalanidhi Maran who was summoned by a
local police station here, for which his advocate appeared
in a Police Station here this morning and contended that his
petitioner would not be in town till July 16.
In his petition, Saxena had said that Sun TV Network was a
"reputed concern and has got high moral responsibility towards
society and he (Saxena) has not committed the alleged cowardly
act as alleged by the prosecution."
Meanwhile, Saxena`s three associates were granted
anticipatory bail by the Madras High Court.
Justice G Rajasurya, however, ordered that K Sasi Kumar, V
Thambidurai and Mohammed Sadiq - associates of Sun Pictures`
COO have to each take a bond worth Rs 10,000 and get surety
from two persons each and also appear in Tallakulam Police
Station in Madurai daily.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt