Cop dupes people to pay off debts; lands in police
Madurai: Cheating people of money and jewellery by giving them `prasadam` laced with drugs to repay his debts landed a Special Sub Inspector in the police net after a retired policeman filed a complaint.
Police said the SSI of the dog squad was involved in several theft and cheating cases and added two others involved were absconding.
They said they acted on a complaint by a retired SI who said a man posing as a real estate broker befriended him recently and spoke about the sector. Later, he took him to a seperate place and gave him some `prasadam`, claiming it was from a temple from Srivilliputhur.
The former SI fell unconscious and when he woke up found his jewellery missing, police said, adding investigation showed the involvement of the SSI and the two others.
The SSI reportedly confessed during questioning that he had robbed people to pay off his debts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?