Cop dupes people to pay off debts; lands in police
Madurai: Cheating people of money and jewellery by giving them `prasadam` laced with drugs to repay his debts landed a Special Sub Inspector in the police net after a retired policeman filed a complaint.
Police said the SSI of the dog squad was involved in several theft and cheating cases and added two others involved were absconding.
They said they acted on a complaint by a retired SI who said a man posing as a real estate broker befriended him recently and spoke about the sector. Later, he took him to a seperate place and gave him some `prasadam`, claiming it was from a temple from Srivilliputhur.
The former SI fell unconscious and when he woke up found his jewellery missing, police said, adding investigation showed the involvement of the SSI and the two others.
The SSI reportedly confessed during questioning that he had robbed people to pay off his debts.
- Imran Khan demands ‘jail’ for Nawaz; reiterates Pak PM’s resignation over Panama Papers – Video inside
- Breathtaking dance steps performed by sibling goes viral – Watch video to believe it!
- Seven of marriage party electrocuted in Telangana
- IS-linked cell in Morocco planned attack in Brussels
- NDRF says ‘fire out in 70% of affected areas’, Centre sends team to probe Uttarakhand forest fires