Cop dupes people to pay off debts; lands in police
Madurai: Cheating people of money and jewellery by giving them `prasadam` laced with drugs to repay his debts landed a Special Sub Inspector in the police net after a retired policeman filed a complaint.
Police said the SSI of the dog squad was involved in several theft and cheating cases and added two others involved were absconding.
They said they acted on a complaint by a retired SI who said a man posing as a real estate broker befriended him recently and spoke about the sector. Later, he took him to a seperate place and gave him some `prasadam`, claiming it was from a temple from Srivilliputhur.
The former SI fell unconscious and when he woke up found his jewellery missing, police said, adding investigation showed the involvement of the SSI and the two others.
The SSI reportedly confessed during questioning that he had robbed people to pay off his debts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional