Cop dupes people to pay off debts; lands in police
Madurai: Cheating people of money and jewellery by giving them `prasadam` laced with drugs to repay his debts landed a Special Sub Inspector in the police net after a retired policeman filed a complaint.
Police said the SSI of the dog squad was involved in several theft and cheating cases and added two others involved were absconding.
They said they acted on a complaint by a retired SI who said a man posing as a real estate broker befriended him recently and spoke about the sector. Later, he took him to a seperate place and gave him some `prasadam`, claiming it was from a temple from Srivilliputhur.
The former SI fell unconscious and when he woke up found his jewellery missing, police said, adding investigation showed the involvement of the SSI and the two others.
The SSI reportedly confessed during questioning that he had robbed people to pay off his debts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok