Couple arrested for smuggling Rs 75 L gold biscuits
Chennai: A software engineer couple was arrested at Kamaraj domestic air terminal here on Friday when they tried to smuggle Rs 75 lakh worth gold biscuits on board a Madurai bound flight, police said.
Kannan and Valli, both software engineers had arrived from
U.S.A via Dubai early this morning and were about to board a
Madurai-bound flight at 8.40 AM when CISF personnel found
2.360 kg of gold biscuits hidden under the woman`s clothes,
They were arrested on the charge of smuggling gold into
the country without proper documents and the gold biscuits
handed over to Customs officials, they said.
Meanwhile, the CISF, which mans security at all airports
in the country, began an enquiry into how its personnel had
failed to detect the presence of the gold biscuits when the
the couple arrived here from the US.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video