Court issues NBW against three accused in pipe bomb case
Madurai: A lower court has issued a non bailable warrant against three accused in pipe bomb case, in which a pipe bomb had been planted on BJP leader L K Advani`s yatra route in October 2011.
The Tirumangalam Judicial Magistrate issued the NBW arrest warrant against the three late last evening, police said.
They said searches have been intensified to nab the trio and teams despatched to various states.
The Special Investigation Team (SIT) probing the case has already filed chargesheet against the three persons and were on the lookout for three others.
A powerful five feet pipe bomb planted under a culvert was recovered minutes before Advani, on a nationwide anti-corruption yatra in October 2011, was to cross the culvert at Alampatti near Tirumangalam. The bomb was defused later and Advani was directed through a different route.
A special investigation team of CB-CID investigated the case and arrested three persons. The team is on the lookout for three others. They had registered a case under Explosives Act and IPC Sections 120 (conspiracy) and 307 (attempt to murder).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan