Court issues notice to AAP on plea by suspended TN unit leader
Chennai: The rift in the Tamil Nadu unit of Aam Aadmi Party on Tuesday reached the court with its suspended district convenor challenging the disciplinary action against him.
VI Assistant City Civil Court Judge A Palkis issued notice to AAP national secretary and Tamil Nadu unit convenor Christina Swamy, returnable by February 1 next, on the civil suit by Chennai District Convenor KP Narayanan.
The plantiff challenged his suspension from the primary membership of the party on January 7 by the state convener and sought to declare the same as null and void.
He alleged that because of a complaint given by him to the party national leaders in July last about various illegal activities of the state convenor, she passed the order of suspension.
He contended that Christina Swamy neither had powers nor justification to pass the order of suspension. As per party rules, only state-level committee can settle the internal disputes or grievances or take disciplinary action.
He prayed to declare the order of suspension as null and void and for a permanent injunction restraining her from interfering with the functions now carried on by him as district convenor.
AAP has recently expelled Narayanan and four others M Krishnamoorthy, K Balakrishnan, Nazreen Saldana Mina and Y Arul Dass.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery