Court issues summons to Karunanidhi on defamation case
Chennai: A court here on Monday issued summons to former Tamil Nadu Chief Minister and DMK president M Karunanidhi for his personal appearance in connection with a defamation case.
On behalf of Tamil Nadu government, City Public Prosecutor M L Jegan filed a defamation case in connection with an article by Karunanidhi, published in DMK mouthpiece `Murosoli` and contended it was per se was defamatory.
Principal Sessions Judge M Chokkalingam issued summons for the personal appearance of Karunanidhi on October 24.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you