Court issues summons to Karunanidhi on defamation case
Chennai: A court here on Monday issued summons to former Tamil Nadu Chief Minister and DMK president M Karunanidhi for his personal appearance in connection with a defamation case.
On behalf of Tamil Nadu government, City Public Prosecutor M L Jegan filed a defamation case in connection with an article by Karunanidhi, published in DMK mouthpiece `Murosoli` and contended it was per se was defamatory.
Principal Sessions Judge M Chokkalingam issued summons for the personal appearance of Karunanidhi on October 24.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"