Court issues summons to Karunanidhi on defamation case
Chennai: A court here on Monday issued summons to former Tamil Nadu Chief Minister and DMK president M Karunanidhi for his personal appearance in connection with a defamation case.
On behalf of Tamil Nadu government, City Public Prosecutor M L Jegan filed a defamation case in connection with an article by Karunanidhi, published in DMK mouthpiece `Murosoli` and contended it was per se was defamatory.
Principal Sessions Judge M Chokkalingam issued summons for the personal appearance of Karunanidhi on October 24.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing