Court issues summons to Karunanidhi on defamation case
Chennai: A court here on Monday issued summons to former Tamil Nadu Chief Minister and DMK president M Karunanidhi for his personal appearance in connection with a defamation case.
On behalf of Tamil Nadu government, City Public Prosecutor M L Jegan filed a defamation case in connection with an article by Karunanidhi, published in DMK mouthpiece `Murosoli` and contended it was per se was defamatory.
Principal Sessions Judge M Chokkalingam issued summons for the personal appearance of Karunanidhi on October 24.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!