Court orders awaited to give appointment letters to TRB candidates
Chennai: The Tamil Nadu government is awaiting court orders to release the final results of exams conducted by Teachers Recruitment Board (TRB) and the eventual issuance of appointment orders to successful candidates, the Assembly was informed on Wednesday.
Replying to a special call attention motion brought by CPI(M) leader K Bala Bharathi, School Education Minister KC Veeramani said a total of 72,701 persons have qualified in the exams conducted by TRB in 2013 and their certificates had already been verified.
Since some candidates have filed cases in Madras High Court and its Madurai Bench, there has been a delay in giving appointment orders, he said, since the cases were disposed in the courts the government was awaiting court orders to issue appointment letters to candidates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over SP leader Azam Khan's controversial remark on Muslim population
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowance Committee likely to submit report on 20 February
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO