Court orders issue of summons to Karunanidhi, others
Chennai: A local court on Friday ordered issue of summons to DMK president M Karunanidhi and S Selvam, printer, publisher and editor of Tamil daily "Murasoli", to appear before it in connection with a defamation case.
Tamil Nadu government had filed a defamation complaint against them for publishing an article "defaming" Finance Minister O Panneerselvam in its issue dated August 23.
Principal Sessions Judge P Kalaiarasan ordered issue of summons to them to appear before the court on December 18.
He also directed the printer, publisher, editor and reporter of Tamil weekly "Ananda Vikatan" to appear on the same day in connection with another defamation case filed against them for having published an article in August 22.
Meanwhile, the government today filed another defamation complaint against Karunanidhi and Selvam for publishing an article in the newspaper`s edition dated August 23 "defaming" Labour Minister S T Chellapandian.
A similar case was filed against the printer, publisher, editor and reporter of Ananda Vikatan for publishing an article which allegedly defamed the Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- 7th Pay Commission: Govt employees to get full 6 months arrears in October
- Expect to announce merger with Aircel soon: RCom
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic can still achieve more in football, Eden Hazard on the Swede's Euro 2016 exit
- Xiaomi launches Qicycle, a foldable electric smart bike
- Manoj Bajpayee's 'Budhia Singh – Born to run' showcases the spirit of world's youngest marathon from Odisha – Watch