Court orders issue of summons to Karunanidhi, others
Chennai: A local court on Friday ordered issue of summons to DMK president M Karunanidhi and S Selvam, printer, publisher and editor of Tamil daily "Murasoli", to appear before it in connection with a defamation case.
Tamil Nadu government had filed a defamation complaint against them for publishing an article "defaming" Finance Minister O Panneerselvam in its issue dated August 23.
Principal Sessions Judge P Kalaiarasan ordered issue of summons to them to appear before the court on December 18.
He also directed the printer, publisher, editor and reporter of Tamil weekly "Ananda Vikatan" to appear on the same day in connection with another defamation case filed against them for having published an article in August 22.
Meanwhile, the government today filed another defamation complaint against Karunanidhi and Selvam for publishing an article in the newspaper`s edition dated August 23 "defaming" Labour Minister S T Chellapandian.
A similar case was filed against the printer, publisher, editor and reporter of Ananda Vikatan for publishing an article which allegedly defamed the Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- How has life changed since govt's demonetisation move?
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof