Court orders issue of summons to Karunanidhi, others
Chennai: A local court on Friday ordered issue of summons to DMK president M Karunanidhi and S Selvam, printer, publisher and editor of Tamil daily "Murasoli", to appear before it in connection with a defamation case.
Tamil Nadu government had filed a defamation complaint against them for publishing an article "defaming" Finance Minister O Panneerselvam in its issue dated August 23.
Principal Sessions Judge P Kalaiarasan ordered issue of summons to them to appear before the court on December 18.
He also directed the printer, publisher, editor and reporter of Tamil weekly "Ananda Vikatan" to appear on the same day in connection with another defamation case filed against them for having published an article in August 22.
Meanwhile, the government today filed another defamation complaint against Karunanidhi and Selvam for publishing an article in the newspaper`s edition dated August 23 "defaming" Labour Minister S T Chellapandian.
A similar case was filed against the printer, publisher, editor and reporter of Ananda Vikatan for publishing an article which allegedly defamed the Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test