Court orders issue of summons to Karunanidhi, others
Chennai: A local court on Friday ordered issue of summons to DMK president M Karunanidhi and S Selvam, printer, publisher and editor of Tamil daily "Murasoli", to appear before it in connection with a defamation case.
Tamil Nadu government had filed a defamation complaint against them for publishing an article "defaming" Finance Minister O Panneerselvam in its issue dated August 23.
Principal Sessions Judge P Kalaiarasan ordered issue of summons to them to appear before the court on December 18.
He also directed the printer, publisher, editor and reporter of Tamil weekly "Ananda Vikatan" to appear on the same day in connection with another defamation case filed against them for having published an article in August 22.
Meanwhile, the government today filed another defamation complaint against Karunanidhi and Selvam for publishing an article in the newspaper`s edition dated August 23 "defaming" Labour Minister S T Chellapandian.
A similar case was filed against the printer, publisher, editor and reporter of Ananda Vikatan for publishing an article which allegedly defamed the Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy