Court rejects bail plea of 35 MV Seaman Guard Ohio crew members
Tuticorin: A local court on Wednesday dismissed the bail petitions of the 35 crew members of the detained US ship MV Seaman Guard Ohio, arrested on October 18 on charges of illegally carrying arms and straying into Indian waters.
Sessions Judge Paul Durai rejected their bail petitions when the matter came up for hearing before him.
The 35 crew members of the vessel were arrested by the Tamil Nadu Police after the ship was intercepted by coast guard on October 12. The ship crew was also accused of illegal purchase of diesel from local agents.
They have been booked under Arms Act and Essential Commodities Act.
Twenty two foreign nationals among the crew are lodged in the Chennai Puzhal Central prison while another from UK and 12 Indians are in the Palayalamkottai Central Prison in Tirunelveli under judicial remand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'