Court rejects bail plea of 35 MV Seaman Guard Ohio crew members
Tuticorin: A local court on Wednesday dismissed the bail petitions of the 35 crew members of the detained US ship MV Seaman Guard Ohio, arrested on October 18 on charges of illegally carrying arms and straying into Indian waters.
Sessions Judge Paul Durai rejected their bail petitions when the matter came up for hearing before him.
The 35 crew members of the vessel were arrested by the Tamil Nadu Police after the ship was intercepted by coast guard on October 12. The ship crew was also accused of illegal purchase of diesel from local agents.
They have been booked under Arms Act and Essential Commodities Act.
Twenty two foreign nationals among the crew are lodged in the Chennai Puzhal Central prison while another from UK and 12 Indians are in the Palayalamkottai Central Prison in Tirunelveli under judicial remand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog