Court rejects bail plea of 35 MV Seaman Guard Ohio crew members
Tuticorin: A local court on Wednesday dismissed the bail petitions of the 35 crew members of the detained US ship MV Seaman Guard Ohio, arrested on October 18 on charges of illegally carrying arms and straying into Indian waters.
Sessions Judge Paul Durai rejected their bail petitions when the matter came up for hearing before him.
The 35 crew members of the vessel were arrested by the Tamil Nadu Police after the ship was intercepted by coast guard on October 12. The ship crew was also accused of illegal purchase of diesel from local agents.
They have been booked under Arms Act and Essential Commodities Act.
Twenty two foreign nationals among the crew are lodged in the Chennai Puzhal Central prison while another from UK and 12 Indians are in the Palayalamkottai Central Prison in Tirunelveli under judicial remand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside