CPI leader Subramaniam dead
Chennai: C Subramaniam, one of the founding fathers of the Communist Party of India (CPI) in Tamil Nadu and a veteran freedom fighter, died of old age here on Sunday morning. He was 102.
His mortal remains will be kept at SIDCO Industrial Estate here for the public to pay homage. He will be cremated on Monday.
Popularly known as CS, Subramaniam had close contacts with Mahatma Gandhi, Jawaharlal Nehru and Subhas Chandra Bose before he became a Communist.
Subramaniam lived alone. His wife S Suguna had died a few years earlier. They had no children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof