CPI leader Subramaniam dead
Chennai: C Subramaniam, one of the founding fathers of the Communist Party of India (CPI) in Tamil Nadu and a veteran freedom fighter, died of old age here on Sunday morning. He was 102.
His mortal remains will be kept at SIDCO Industrial Estate here for the public to pay homage. He will be cremated on Monday.
Popularly known as CS, Subramaniam had close contacts with Mahatma Gandhi, Jawaharlal Nehru and Subhas Chandra Bose before he became a Communist.
Subramaniam lived alone. His wife S Suguna had died a few years earlier. They had no children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands