CPI leader Subramaniam dead
Chennai: C Subramaniam, one of the founding fathers of the Communist Party of India (CPI) in Tamil Nadu and a veteran freedom fighter, died of old age here on Sunday morning. He was 102.
His mortal remains will be kept at SIDCO Industrial Estate here for the public to pay homage. He will be cremated on Monday.
Popularly known as CS, Subramaniam had close contacts with Mahatma Gandhi, Jawaharlal Nehru and Subhas Chandra Bose before he became a Communist.
Subramaniam lived alone. His wife S Suguna had died a few years earlier. They had no children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Goa RSS chief resigns from committee set up for CM's birthday
- Helicopter parenting may up depression risk in your kids
- Cabinet clears mineral exploration policy
- Unbelievable! Gujarat researchers find traces of gold in urine of Gir cows
- Monsoon Session of Parliament to begin from July 18, end on August 12